The UIA Architectural Practice Around the World (APAW) database is an online resource for accessing basic information on UIA Member Section architectural practice norms in their respective countries. The APAW includes information organised in six categories:
- General Information (general population, numbers of architects and students, types of practice, contact information);
- Licensure Requirements (education, experience/internship, examination, title granted); Regulatory Information (title and function protection, regulating organization’ code of ethics, basic copyright law information);
- Practice Requirements (practice scope, permissible services, liability insurance and continuing education requirements);
- Procurement Information (methods to obtain commissions, information on compensation for services);
- International Practice Issues (requirements for international practice, citizenship/residency requirements, documentation, established mutual recognition arrangements).
By facilitating access to practice-related information, the APAW aims to improve the international mobility of architects and foster collaboration across borders. The APAW database is viable, flexible, and ready for implementation!